Echo

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Good Morning Friends,
 
I have a very busy day ahead of me, but I must drop a word. While reading your very interesting comments, I would like to draw attention to the comments by Kat of Missouri. Before elaborating my own position I must say he is saying something quite close to my thinking:
 
So...we need more rationality and science (true science) to invade the rest of the world along with some black market jeans, CDs, movies, etc to get the message out that it's ok to believe in God and actually want to live.Kat-Missouri/USA

I was intending to talk about this question of the understanding of religion and interpretation of religious scriptures. Kat expresses the problem well. “Inshsallah” we shall have to discuss the question at more depth; it is important.
 
Also some friends ask my permission to print some of these posts. Please feel free to do whatever you like with them, this effort is directed towards you, and definitely with the recognition of the importance of American and Western public opinion for the success of this project which is a matter of life and death to us. Of course I shall be very happy for increased circulation of all positive ideas including my own.
 
Salaam (this is a greeting and not my name, as some people seem to think !)
 
Alaa

No comments: